Thought for the day...
SUNDAY, MARCH 7, 2010
What if you lived as though you were the face of Christianity to those you encounter every day? As though they knew nothing of Jesus Christ, God the Father, and the Holy Spirit. Would they be convicted to follow the god that they see you “following,” as shown by your behaviors?... (read more)
The Wealthy
SATURDAY, MARCH 13, 2010
...The gist of the message is this—if you’re reading this, you’re rich. Instead, to find any way that I am poor, I have to turn to my attitudes and weaknesses—if I am poor, it is spiritually. But even spiritually I have lived an advantaged life. Think about it... (read more)
SUNDAY, MARCH 14, 2010
...We hear things like “living sacrifice” or “perfect sacrifice,” but do we really grasp their meaning? I still have much to discover, but tonight I feel a small step closer to appreciating the wonder of the crucifixion, its impact on us, and why it was needed in the way that it happened... (read more)
Our Assignments
MONDAY, MARCH 29, 2010
...Think about yourself—who are you? When I first answer this question, at some point I begin to focus on and list the things that I do well and the things I don’t. Who I am as the sum of my abilities and limitations. Then I realized how obviously different that could be, or could have been. Why should I be good at this, and you good at that? It could have just as easily been the other way... (read more)
No comments:
Post a Comment