Thursday, December 2, 2010

India Team - Day 1 - "Terminal E is for Exciiiited!"

The picture to the right features several thousand Indian Rupees (equivalent to about $150 US) and my passport: as of this evening, the international adventure has begun!
One of my teammates for the mission trip to India said “Terminal E is for…Exciiiited!”as we approached the airport. Soon, more of us were repeating it, for this is a very exciting day!
“The Heavens declare” God’s glory—this morning I saw a 360 degree sunrise as I drove to work, I beautiful and rare beginning to a great day. At the airport, it took a very long time to check bags as a group, and I started to feel uncomfortable about the nearness of our flight departure and the fact that we still weren’t through security. Well, not only were we treated favorably at the bag check, paying even less than we expected for the bags, but we got through security smoothly and walked up to the gate just as they started boarding—perfect! 24 Hours to India…

No comments:

Post a Comment